We hope this memo finds everyone healthy. We are all still coming to grips with the COVID-19 pandemic and events triggered by it. Everyone on the planet has been affected by COVID-19. We want to update you on our office and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy.
We are following rigorous scheduling protocols and office measures to ensure the safety and well-being of you, our patients, and the team members at Goffstown Area Orthodontics and Weare Orthodontics. As a health care office, we take seriously, our responsibilities to do our part in combating the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We have to be very firm in our processes and procedures. They have been well thought out and are consistent with orthodontic offices across the United States as well as the various
- There will be a limit to about 30 patient appointments per day, roughly half of the regular appointment load. The points outlined below will lend clarity to this decision.
- Emergencies will continue only to be defined by pain or bleeding. For now, broken brackets and ill-fitting aligner trays do not constitute an emergency.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car. Please call or text our office upon your arrival. We will direct you from that point to your visit.
- Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception for this will be for very young patients (under 10 years of age). Of those, only one parent/caregiver may accompany the patient. Absolutely no other family members or friends will be allowed inside.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. Federal guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses continue, so bring the mask you have been using. If you do not have your own, we will provide one; however, personal protective equipment supplies are dangerously low. If we run out, we will have to close the office again until the supply-chain is back to normal.
- Your temperature will be taken by staff using a touchless thermometer. If your temp is over 100 degrees F, you will be asked to leave and not return for the specified self-quarantine requirement.
- A simple questionnaire assessing your contacts, travel, and well-being will be asked of all patients as well. Any question indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs and symptoms of the same will be asked to leave, and not return for the specified self-quarantine requirement.
- Maintain the 6-foot social distancing guidelines when in the office until seated in the treatment chair.
- The tooth-brushing station will be used as a hand-washing/sanitizing station required of every patient before being seated. No tooth-brushing, only hand-washing.
- The patient restroom will be closed, so please prepare for that before arrival.
- Patients will rinse with a mouth rinse at a cup at the chair. Rinse 30 seconds and then spit back into the cup where an assistant will suction it.
- Patients will be seated every-other-chair in the office to maintain social distancing, which is one of the reasons for the 30 patient/day schedule.
- We ask for understanding while we will try to address all of your treatment needs during your visit. Individuals with multiple broken brackets may not have everything completed during this visit due to strict scheduling times.
- WE LOVE OUR PATIENTS! We also love to chat with you at your appointment. Please understand that conversations will be significantly reduced to allow for social distancing, running on time, disinfection of treatment chairs and instruments, etc.
- We will not be providing our coffee/tea/hot chocolate station or any snacks while in this re-entry to normalcy time.
- We will take the temperatures of every team member, including Dr. Mansour, immediately upon arrival at work, and after lunch. Any team member at 100 F or above will go home.
- Every team member will answer the health questionnaire that our patients are required to answer, and will do so every day. If any questions disqualify the team member, they will be sent home following the same procedures we are asking our patients to follow.
- You will find upon arrival that our furniture has been rearranged. You’ll also notice other changes made to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and our team.
- It can be harder to hear us and for us to hear you via the enhanced PPE and air filtration systems.
Enhanced COVID-19 Infection Control measures
- Enhanced PPE for Doc and staff
- Multiple air filtration systems
- Barriers between chairs
- Enhanced HEPA filters in the central air system
- Increased hand sanitizers
- UV based air scrubber (Goffstown)
- Opened windows to enhance airflow
- Air fogging daily
- Appropriate procedure segregation
- Continuous training
- Pre-entry screening, questions and temperature
- Commonly touched surfaces wiped more frequently
We are so grateful for every one of our patients. You are the life-force of our practice, and this is why we are taking your safety VERY seriously. We would ask for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. Please forgive us as we are balancing the needs of your treatment with not exposing our team members or patients to unnecessary risk.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office. We love all of you, here’s to your health and smile!